Mountain Survival 101:
1) Never have peanut butter on you. The bears love it and people will trample over themselves to get some.
2) Embrace the view. Remember what it’s like to just look at something and smile.
3) If it rains, use the trees for cover. If it thunder storms, get the heck out of there and relocate to the nearest bar, eatery, or microbrewery.
4) Bring a good book (this applicable to any one scenario).
5) Eat well and don’t skimp out on portions. If you’re rationing with a large group, be sure to eat more than they do so you have plenty of energy.
6) You don’t have to outsmart a bear, you just have to run faster than the slowest member of your party.
7) Explore the country roads and quaint downtown scene like it’s your full-time job.
8) Be adventurous and humble to the natural world.
(Photo taken by me.)
Searching for new reads?
Can’t find that next book to steal away your attention? Be sure to check out my published wares on Amazon. New poetry collection and comedic long-form novel coming soon!
Also, be sure to find me on Instagram @ blankpagesofmine and say hello!